Stop Dodo launches a new Green Social Forum 30.03.12
StopDodo, the world’s leading green sector job’s site has launched a new social forum to bring the Green Economy’s key actors together. Have your say and find a new work opportunity at the same time.
StopDodo ’The Global Portal for Environmental Jobs & Resume’ have launched a new forum service, as the must go to site for all those looking for new work opportunities in the Green Economy this could quickly develop into an interesting, useful, and lively addition to the sustainable media space.
Has the recession killed the Green Economy?
The Greenest Government ever may not be all it promised but the Green Economy continues to outperform the general economy.
The retail economy in 2011 shows that organic sales continue to drop (3.7% in 2011 to £1.67bn from the record of £2.1bn in 2008), but the Co-op’s Ethical Consumer Report shows an overall rise in the ’ethical’ sector 2011 of just under 9% from £46.8bn from £43bn.
The Government figures for the LCEGS sector (Low-carbon and environmental goods and services ), albeit a very broad definition, say that employment has grown to 914,000 jobs, up 4.3% year on year, valuing the sector at £117 billion.
The renewable energy sector continues to develop as large scale projects continue, the B2C sector of photo thermals, PV and heat pumps may be hit by the changes in the Tarriff regime going forward but new sectors are emerging, such as energy efficient cars and green funerals services, Fairtrade has weathered the recession well as has ethical financial services. Large businesses have not, as predicted, dropped their commitment to CSR, even Apple has finally instigated a report on its supply chain.
The Green Economy may not be developing as was hoped for before the financial crisis but reports of its death are most decidedly premature.
Co-op Ethical Consumer Report (PDF)
Department for Business Innovation and Skills LCEGS estimations http://www.bis.gov.uk/policies/business-sectors/low-carbon-business-opportunities/market-intelligence/market-data
Please feel free to give your opinions on the state of the Green Economy by joining the StopDodo site, you may also find your next great job at the same time
- Record year for ethical banking
- Help Cloud Fund BOOKCHIN ON BOOKCHIN Documentary
- New review of evidence about onshore wind power to dispel myths for MPs
- Increase in cancers and fertility problems may be caused by household chemicals and pharmaceuticals
- Apple, Amazon, Microsoft choose dirty energy to power growing cloud
- Blueprint for water-10 steps to sustainable water by 2015
- Marine Ingredients in Cosmetics: Sustainability Implications
- Organic farming enhances soil carbon stocks
- Harriet Lamb Appointed New CEO Of Fairtrade International
- Organic Tomatoes Contain Higher Levels of Antioxidants Than Conventional Tomatoes
- Monsanto’s “DroughtGard” Corn Barely a Drop in the Bucket
- RAW- Kickstarting a food and farming revolution
- Government failing in ambition to be ’greenest ever’
- Sweatshop Campaigners unite against Adidas’ "Fundamentally flawed" workers rights summit
- Improving Yields and Destroying the Environment
Related product news categories